Top 5 Things Families Can Do during spring break in Virginia Beach
- It’s Easter Weekend and who does the kids what to see? The Easter Bunny!! They can find him at Hunt Club Farm’s Easter Spring Fling & Egg Hunt located off London Bridge Road in Virginia Beach. A fun weekend with plenty to do for the entire family Saturday March 31st and Sunday April 1st. They’ll have a Live DJ with Music and Farm Games and costumed characters walking around greeting the kids and families. Hop on the hayride for an exciting farm tour. Enjoy meeting some of the animals at the petting farm and visit with some live chicks and bunnies. Afterwards, visit with the Easter Bunny and look for lots of eggs during the children’s Easter Egg Hunt. Admission is only $15 per child and $9 for adults. Visit www.huntclubfarm.com for more information and tickets or call 757-427-9520.
- Nothing like a delicious bowl of some creamy and flavorful She Crab Soup. Find out who has the best at the beach on April 7 at the East Coast She Crab Soup Classic located at 24th Street Park along the boardwalk. She crab soup is one of the locals and tourist favorite dishes. It can be found on numerous menus at Virginia Beach’s eateries. Restaurants serve up samples of their recipe and compete for People’s Choice Awards voted by the attendees of the classic. Grab a spoon and get your taste buds ready. Go to Ticketmaster or Virginia Beach Visitor Information Center to purchase your tickets. Advance tickets $17.50 and day of event $25.00. This event usually sells out.
- Experience hands-on exhibits, unique animals, nature trail and marshlands at the Virginia Aquarium a Maritime Science Center. They are located only a mile from the oceanfront. They are open daily from 9am to 5pm. The aquarium offers interactive exhibits and education stations throughout the museum. Everyone is sure to leave learning something new about these beautiful sea creatures. Purchase your discounted tickets at the front desk of Four Sails Resort. Tickets only $21 for adults and $16 for children.
- Zip line through Adventure Park located at the Virginia Aquarium. Have fun in the trees climbing through several aerial trails at the level you’re most comfortable. All trails include combinations of zip lines and challenge bridges between tree platforms. This takes climbing trees to a whole new level of fun and excitement. The perfect outing for kids, teens and adults. Purchase a discounted 3 hour park ticket at Four Sails Resort.
- Sonrise Music Festival is back this year at 24th Street Stage at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront April 20th through April 22nd. A powerful and moving festival of some well-known Christian artists and astounding speakers. This is sure to be an uplifting event filled with glorious sounds of the gospel. Some of the artists include: LeCrae, Danny Gokey, Unspoken, Paul Colman, Dan Bremnes and Citizen Way. To purchase tickets go to Itickets.com.